HANDS ON SAFETY TIPS FOR HANDTRUCKS
Whenever you need to move a heavy load with a handtruck, be sure to:
• Wear heavy-duty work gloves with a good grip. ANSI-approved steel-toed shoes are also recommended.
• Place the heaviest objects on the bottom.
• To avoid back strain, use proper lifting techniques in loading and unloading.
• Store the load well forward, with weight borne on the axle.
• Make sure you can see over the load. When the load passes chin level, the chance of an accident increases dramatically.
• Push, don’t pull.
• Think about the route in advance; plan for doorways, blind corners, etc.
• Watch out for pedestrians and vehicles, objects on the floor, obstruction in the way, and the edges of platforms or docks.
• Park the handtruck out of the way. Don’t leave it in an aisle or blocking an emergency exit.
All Safety Products, Inc., offers a wide variety of material handling gloves to include mechanics style gloves, impact protection gloves, material lifting gloves and many others.